Related Content from And There Came a Day:
- Off to College (3 in 5 Daze) Part I: Sous Chef
- She’s the Nicest Daughter I Ever Had, She’s the Meanest Daughter I Ever Had
- Sous Chef is 16!
- Happy Birthday Sous Chef
Sous Chef turns 18 today.
She is the last of the brood to reach “adulthood” but, in a great many ways, seems more adult than her brothers, her step mother or me.
Composed, compassionate and cute, Sous Chef has been, for The Cinnamon Girl and me, an almost perfect daughter. I don’t use that term careless or without consideration. As the youngest of 3 kids packed together in rapid succession, Sous Chef was the last to leave for college and The Cinnamon Girl and I had the amazing opportunity last year to spend Sous Chef’s senior year with her. Here’s what I learned:
- Sous Chef is one of the hardest working people I know.
- Sous Chef is quick, witty and funny.
- Sous Chef is one of the smartest kids I’ve known (and I’ve known plenty.)
- Sous Chef is beautiful in every way that term applies.
- Sous Chef is consideration and kind.
- Sous Chef is one of the greatest blessing I’ve ever been given.
Here’s another truth of Sous Chef – she is someone I’d like to have as a friend. We’re stuck with family, to be sure, but I would choose Sous Chef as someone to spend time in any circumstance.
I know she’s destined for great things as an adult.
I miss her now that she’s at school.
I love her, deeply.
Happy 18th, Sous Chef!
She got the pun in the title of this post even if you didn’t!