Related Content from And There Came A Day
- Countdown to ENDGAME | Captain America
- And There Came A Countdown To INFINITY…
- The Road to Marvel’s Civil War
- And Now There Comes Civil War – What Marvel Is Doing Is Truly Remarkable
ONE A WEEK UNTIL Avengers Infinity War opens in May!
Captain America: The First Avenger | Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 |Thor | The Avengers | Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Avengers: Age of Ultron | Ant-Man | Captain America: Civil War | Doctor Strange | Spider-Man: Homecoming | Thor: Ragnarok | Black Panther | Avengers: Infinity War | Ant-Man and the Wasp
DAY TWO: Iron Man
Though Captain America: The First Avenger is the “first” Marvel movie in terms of the timeline of the Marvel Universe, the first movie released was Iron Man. Perfectly cast, wonderfully written, inventive and fun, Iron Man is almost flawless. And it succeeded beyond anyone’s wildest dreams, launching an interlocking series of movies each seemingly more popular than the last.
It can also be blamed for establishing the Marvel “house style” and more than one of the Marvel films has suffered from trying to be Iron Man. They have suffered from villains – like Obidiah Stane – who are too derivative of the hero they face.
But, despite that, Iron Man in-and-of-itself is more enjoyable and more original than most of the other Marvel movies put together. It is, perhaps, the funniest of the Marvel movies (excepting Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor | Ragnarok. As it came out before I began blogging, I do not have a full review, but Iron Man receives FIVE DUMMIES out of a possible FIVE.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Pepper Potts
- James “Rhodey” Rhodes
- Nick Fury
- Agent Colson
- Stark Industries
- The Avengers Initiative
CONNECTION(S) TO ENDGAME:
- S.H.I.E.L.D. is a critical connective tissue in many of the Marvel films (not to mention the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television show).
- Without the clever inclusion of Nick Fury and the “Avengers Initiative” scene, one wonders if all that we know as the Marvel Cinematic Universe would even exist.
- The background, though limited, provided on Howard Stark lays much groundwork for plot lines throughout the films.
- The Pepper Potts/Tony Stark engagement was featured in Infinity War and recent previews (see below) show us a reunion we all wanted.
Avengers Endgame is coming…