Related Content on And There Came A Day
- Star Wars Rise Prep: The Phantom Menace| Yippee!
- And There Came Rise of Skywalker Preparation
- The Last Jedi – A Movie Review
- The Force Awakens – A Movie Review
the countdown is on!
WEEK TWO: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
- Every bad choice George Lucas could have made as a writer, he makes.
- Every bad choice George Lucas could have made as a director, he makes.
- This movie has all the depth of a bad video game.
- Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman have NO chemistry.
- I could have written (and I do really believe this is true) better puns for C-3PO.
- Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee are far better than the material.
- Samuel L. Jackson is just happy to be there.
- Does Boba Fett really pick up a helmet with his father’s severed head in it?!?
- How video-game inspired is the Geonosis scene with Anakin, Padme, R2-D2 and C-3PO?
- The Tusken Raider attack by Anakin is actually a very good set piece.
- Jimmy Smits is a welcome addition.
- Jar-Jar Binks is to blame for everything.
- The music is truly incredible.
- The real settings, especially the idyllic retreats on Naboo, are much more breathtaking than any digital creation.
- This is the LOW POINT of all Star Wars movies as far as I am concerned.
Attack of the Clones is, for my Republic Credits, the worst Star Wars movie of them all. There is so little story, so little creativity, so little logic to sustain it. I once read that George Lucas said he only had enough story for one prequel movie. That really seems to be the case here. Attack of the Clones is really a bad movie with very few redeeming points. Knowing that Revenge of the Sith is coming next is one of them.
- Week One: The Phantom Menace
- Week Two: Attack of the Clones
- Week Three: Revenge of the Sith
- Week Four: Solo
- Week Five: Rogue One
- Week Six: A New Hope
- Week Seven: The Empire Strikes Back
- Week Eight: Return of the Jedi
- Week Nine: The Force Awakens
- Week Ten: The Last Jedi
May the Force Be With Us!