Related Content on And There Came A Day
- Star Wars Rise Prep: Revenge of the Sith | Unlimited Power!
- Star Wars Rise Prep: Attack of the Clones | Video Game Nightmare
- Star Wars Rise Prep: The Phantom Menace| Yippee!
- And There Came Rise of Skywalker Preparation
the countdown is on!
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY
- People are jerks. Did anyone “ask” for this movie? Who cares? It’s more than fine, it’s very good.
- Alden Ehrenreich is a very good Han Solo. This is not a Harrison Ford impersonation, it’s Ehrenreich doing his own thing, and that thing works.
- Donald Glover is a perfect Lando Calrissian and the film nails the relationship between the lovable scoundrels.
- The first third of the movie feels a bit unfocused – perhaps due to the change in directors – but the last two thirds are terrific fun.
- The movie is so very true to the character and the movie makes it very, very, abundantly clear that HAN. SHOT. FIRST. He always does.
- I cannot be the only one who thinks it’s so very clever that Han Solo had a hand in starting the Rebellion, right?
- I was shocked by the Darth Maul reveal and would love to see more of that storyline.
- I wanted more Solo immediately after the movie ended.
- Galaxy’s Edge – the Disney Star Wars lands – connect heavily to this movie. Maybe that bothered people, too. People! Lighten up!
- The movie is a great addition to the Star Wars universe – certainly better, in my opinion, than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I think it’s as good as Revenge of the Sith.
There is very, very little wrong with Solo: A Star Wars Story. It does have a slow start but, when it gets going, it makes the Kessel Run in less than… well, you know. The cast is having a bunch of fun and they should be. So should the audience. I really believe that the negative fanboy press coupled with the change in creative team and a reshoot of the movie that some describe as “almost total” kept the audience away. That’s a shame. If you avoided this one, do yourself a favor and see it. It’s a more than worthy installment. I would take a sequel in a heartbeat. Perhaps they can get Ehrenreich to reprise his role on Disney +. I’d sure watch!
- Review One: The Phantom Menace
- Review Two: Attack of the Clones
- Review Week Three: Revenge of the Sith
- Review Week Four: Solo
- Review Week Five: Rogue One
- Review Week Six: A New Hope
- Review Week Seven: The Empire Strikes Back
- Review Week Eight: Return of the Jedi
- Review Week Nine: The Force Awakens
- Review Week Ten: The Last Jedi
May the Force Be With Us!